Welcome to the Applicant Briefing Phase
Your family has applied for our Housing Choice Voucher waiting list. You were approved, your status active, and now your name has come to the top of our waiting list.
Beginning July 1, 2020, if your family has received a Voucher Eligibility letter from the Highland Park Housing Authority, you must do the following:
- Watch the 18 minute Briefing video for New Housing Choice Voucher participants.
- Read the Applicant Briefing Packet and the 8 necessary disclosures.
- Sign the Receipt of Information form to verify that you have read and understand all the literature presented to you in step 2 above.
- Sign the Eligibility documents.
Part 1: As an eligible applicant we need you to watch the following video that describes in detail what is next in your application process.
Part 2: Thank you for watching the video. Now you must read the Applicant Briefing Packet and the 8 necessary disclosures.
Please click on each link and read each document carefully.
You will be verifying in Part 3 that you have read and understand all disclosures.
- Applicant Briefing Packet
- ‘A Good Place to Live’ Brochure
- How to Protect Your Family from Lead
- Fraud Handout
- Section 8 Rent Calculation
- VAWA Notice
- VAWA 5382
- Housing Discrimination Brochure
Part 3: Now that you have read the Applicant Briefing Packet and all the necessary disclosures, you are required to sign the Receipt of Information form to verify that you have read and understand all the literature presented to you.
Part 4: The last step is for you to sign eligibility documents. Please print and sign all 7 forms and return to the contact listed below
- Housing Choice Voucher Briefing Certification form
- Additional Contact for 92006
- What You Should Know about EIV
- Debts Owed to Public Housing Agencies and Terminations
- VAWA Acknowledgement
- Declaration 214 – One for Each Family Member
- Race & Ethnicity – One for Each Family Member
It’s all done!
Now you just need to get all that information back to us.
Please send it to the Section 8 Administrator Elizabeth Noll by email to HPSection8@Yahoo.com (preferred).
Or you may send by postal mail to:
Highland Park Housing Authority
242 So. Sixth Ave
Highland Park, NJ 08904
Attn: Elizabeth Noll
If you have any questions concerning the above, or if you do not have access to a printer, please call Elizabeth at 732-572-4420 ext 15 to make other arrangements. Please note that failure to complete the above tasks may result in your name being removed from the waiting list and loss of eligibility.