Last Update: Last Update Friday, March 2, 2018
SAMUEL KRONMAN BUILDING LOCATED AT 242 SOUTH 6TH AVENUE IN HIGHLAND PARK ACCEPTING APPLICATIONS FOR LOW INCOME PUBLIC HOUSING.
Highland Park Housing Authority serves low-income residents of Highland Park, NJ through two forms of housing subsidy: public housing assistance and housing choice vouchers (formerly known as Section 8).
PUBLIC HOUSING MISSION STATEMENT
Our aim is to ensure safe, decent and affordable housing; create opportunities for residents’ self-sufficiency and economic independence; and assure fiscal integrity by all program participants.
In order to achieve this mission, we will:
- Recognize the residents as our ultimate customer
- Improve PHA management and service delivery efforts through oversight, assistance, and selective intervention by highly skilled, diagnostic, and results-oriented field personnel
- Seek problem-solving partnerships with PHA, resident, community, and government leadership
- Act as an agent for change when performance is unacceptable and we judge that local leadership is not capable or committed to improvement
- Efficiently apply limited HUD resources by using risk assessment techniques to focus our oversight efforts