Last Update: Last Update Tuesday, September 19, 2017
Highland Park Housing Authority serves low-income residents of Highland Park, NJ through two forms of housing subsidy: public housing assistance and housing choice vouchers (formerly known as Section 8).
PUBLIC HOUSING MISSION STATEMENT
Our aim is to ensure safe, decent and affordable housing; create opportunities for residents’ self-sufficiency and economic independence; and assure fiscal integrity by all program participants.
In order to achieve this mission, we will:
- Recognize the residents as our ultimate customer
- Improve PHA management and service delivery efforts through oversight, assistance, and selective intervention by highly skilled, diagnostic, and results-oriented field personnel
- Seek problem-solving partnerships with PHA, resident, community, and government leadership
- Act as an agent for change when performance is unacceptable and we judge that local leadership is not capable or committed to improvement
- Efficiently apply limited HUD resources by using risk assessment techniques to focus our oversight efforts